Hello friends, family, neighbors and whoever else is on my blog! I have finally got a blog of my own to share my thoughts about anything and everything. Your excitement is so palpable I can feel it right now as you are reading this, wherever I might be. So I'm fairly excited about all this, being transported to 21st century and all. I have actually wanted to set up a blog for some time now, but what spurred me to do it was two speakers I heard at a conference I went on with my youth group from church last weekend. Everything about this conference was educational, edifying, and mind-opening... besides the aforementioned speakers. All the other speakers (the likes of Albert Mohler and several professors at the seminary no less) were wonderful, but I couldn't stand these two other guys. I will not name names, but some people reading this blog will know exactly who I'm talking about.
What they where trying to convey is that teenagers today don't have high enough expectations set down by the society as a whole, which I totally agree with, but they did it in a way that I felt was totally patronizing. These fellows speak to teenagers about how they want to abolish the "teen" culture (which is the culture that tells teens to get out all your wild, reckless abandon now before you're all old, and you can do that by buying our product) yet these two thrive within the "teen" culture itself! They need the "teen" culture to function! The only thing I got out of their spiel was how they started a blog when they were younger and achieved nationwide fame for their ideas. I was like, "The world thinks these cats have some cool ideas? I got way cooler ideas..." and so, this was the impetus that drove me here to my keyboard to get down all my thoughts. I will post pretty often, and from now on, I promise to be less rambling and to have real, well thought out topics. This was a test run (pretty good though, right?).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Sweet blog, dude!
ReplyDeleteI see more clearly what you meant about the guys at the conference. I agree that they exist within the culture they are trying to abolish, and that's strange to say the least.
But I have to say that I also see the problems with the teen culture that they are uncovering; I am a product of that culture, and I'm feeling the adverse effects of that culture.
Keep up the good posts!
Welcome to blogland, my friend! I'm looking forward to reading more of your thoughts in the future.
ReplyDelete